This 2 day course has a strong practical component as well as reviewing current research in anatomy, biomechanics & treatment of the thoracic spine and thoracic cage, and cervical spine. A biomechanical framework is used to introduce comprehensive assessment & treatment techniques for the cervical and thoracic spine, costo-transverse joints, acromio-clavicular and sterno-clavicular joints. Application of muscle energy techniques and articular techniques are practiced in relation to the biomechanical assessment framework to provide the therapist with a means to treating this region with specificity.
- Review anatomy and biomechanics of the thoracic spine and thoracic cage, and cervical spine
- Apply a biomechanical model in order to define dysfunction in the thoracic region and cervical spine
- Present a biomechanical framework as a basis for assessment of articular and muscular function in the cervical spine, thoracic spine, and rib cage
- Provide practical sessions during which muscle energy and articular techniques are applied to specific Musculo-skeletal dysfunctions of the thoracic spine, rib dysfunctions, cervical spine and cranial base.
- provide practical sessions to learn MET treatment of rib dysfunctions including subluxed or fixated ribs versus myofascial rib ring release techniques
- Consider and practice MET treatment of the Sterno-Clavicular and Acromio-Clavicular joints.
- Discuss and provide practical application of exercise prescription for stabilization of the cervico- thoracic region
AMTA Brisbane Cervico-thoracic course Schedule 2023 :
Brisbane: Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 May 2023
Venue: Avro Room at Royal on the Park Brisbane
Sign in and registration at the course: 8.30am Saturday
Course times: 9am to 5.00pm Saturday & 9am to 4.45pm Sunday
Address: 152 Alice St, Brisbane City QLD 4001
Covid rules may apply according to state rules and will be advised if necessary
PARKING & TRANSPORT: Please go the hotel website to access their location map.
For public transport: The free City Loop bus service provides high frequency public transport access within the Brisbane CDB. The city loop operates
in an anti-clockwise direction around the Brisbane CBD from the red signposted bus stops, using distinctive red busses.
There is a red bus stop opposite the hotel on Alice Street. Additional information can be found in the link below:
Car parking: at The Park on the Royal hotel is available for evennt guests at a discounted rate of $30 per vehicle per day on Saturday’s and Sundays AS PER 2022.
PRINT THIS PAGE