Treatment of the Pelvis and lumbar spine: level 1 Course
This 2 day practical course will take you through current research in lumbar & pelvic anatomy, biomechanics & treatment in order to explain current concepts of joint stability and the mechanisms that assist load transfer through the lumbo-pelvic region. A biomechanical framework is used to introduce comprehensive assessment & treatment techniques for the pubic symphysis,sacroiliac joint, and lumbar spine articulations.
You will learn Clinical assessment tests that provide information about functional stability and mobility of the pelvic articulations and lumbar spine then learn how these can assist your diagnosis of articular, myofascial and motor control dysfunctions in the lumbo-pelvic region. You will then learn practical application of muscle energy techniques and articular techniques for the pubic symphysis, SI Joints and lumbar facet joint injuries, in order to provide a patient specific treatment plan.
- Review anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvis and lumbar spine, with interpretation of current research findings in this area of science
- Review the definitions of joint stability and functional load transfer through the lumbo-pelvic region
- Apply a biomechanical model in order to define dysfunction in the lumbo-pelvic region such as excessive compression (stiff joints, fixated joints, overactive global muscle activation) or insufficient compression (loose joints, insufficient or altered recruitment of the local muscle system).
- Present a biomechanical framework as a basis for assessment of articular and muscular function in the lumbar spine and pelvic region
- Provide practical sessions to teach functional assessment of Pelvic mobility and Stability
- Provide practical sessions during which muscle energy and articular techniques are applied to specific Musculo-skeletal dysfunctions of the lumbar spine and pubic symphysis and SIJ’s.
- Discuss common dysfunctional patterns found in the lumbo-pelvic region, and how to use clinical findings to develop an effective treatment plan that incorporates appropriate manual therapy, specific exercise rehabilitation, and effective education.
Treatment of the Pelvis & Lumbar Spine:
AMTA Schedule Melbourne 2023
Friday 24th- Saturday 25th March 2023.
Course Times: Friday 24th: 10.30- 10.45am arrival for Sign in and registration.
Course starts at 11am to 6.20pm and Saturday 25th March: 8.00 to 4.30pm
Venue: Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne CBD
189 Queen St, Melbourne tel: 03 99340000
Booking Accommodation: This hotel will provide a 10% discount on their scheduled rates if you let them know that you are attending this AMTA course and the course dates. BOOK ONLINE @ tfehotels.com/adinahotels or call TOGA Reservations:+61 2 9356 5062
Parking is available on Merlin Alley. Validate your ticket at Reception for approx $30.00 per day parking
More details will be provided with course confirmation after registration and payment has been received.
PRINT THIS PAGE