Barb is back in 2021 running Face to Face courses, and this 2 day practical course will take you through current research in lumbar & pelvic anatomy, biomechanics & treatment in order to explain current concepts of joint stability and the mechanisms that assist load transfer through the lumbo-pelvic region. A biomechanical framework is used to introduce comprehensive assessment & treatment techniques for the pubic symphysis,sacroiliac joint, and lumbar spine articulations.
You will learn Clinical assessment tests that provide information about functional stability and mobility of the pelvic articulations and lumbar spine then learn how these can assist your diagnosis of articular, myofascial and motor control dysfunctions in the lumbo-pelvic region. You will then learn practical application of muscle energy techniques and articular techniques for the pubic symphysis, SI Joints and lumbar facet joint injuries, in order to provide a patient specific treatment plan.
- Review anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvis and lumbar spine, with interpretation of current research findings in this area of science
- Review the definitions of joint stability and functional load transfer through the lumbo-pelvic region
- Apply a biomechanical model in order to define dysfunction in the lumbo-pelvic region such as excessive compression (stiff joints, fixated joints, overactive global muscle activation) or insufficient compression (loose joints, insufficient or altered recruitment of the local muscle system).
- Present a biomechanical framework as a basis for assessment of articular and muscular function in the lumbar spine and pelvic region
- Provide practical sessions to teach functional assessment of Pelvic mobility and Stability
- Provide practical sessions during which muscle energy and articular techniques are applied to specific Musculo-skeletal dysfunctions of the lumbar spine and pubic symphysis and SIJ’s.
- Discuss common dysfunctional patterns found in the lumbo-pelvic region, and how to use clinical findings to develop an effective treatment plan that incorporates appropriate manual therapy, specific exercise rehabilitation, and effective education.
AMTA 2021 Schedule for Treatment of the Pelvis & Lumbar Spine Level 1 course:
Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 September 2021 COURSE POSTPONED UNTIL MAY 2022 due to lockdown in Sydney
Sign in and registration at the course: 8.45am Saturday
Course times: 9am to 5.15pm Saturday & Sunday
Venue: Adina Apartment Hotel Surry Hills
Address: 359 Crown Street, Surry Hills
TEL: 02 8302 1000
Booking Accommodation: This hotel will provide a 10% discount on their scheduled rates if you let them know that you are attending this AMTA course and the course dates. BOOK ONLINE @ tfehotels.com/adinahotels or call TOGA Reservations:+61 2 9356 5062
More details will be provided with course confirmation after registration and payment has been received.
PRINT THIS PAGE